Monday, February 04, 2008

Host family!

So it's taken me a while to get this up here (I've been away), but I finally got a host family! ...Or rather, two. They're both in Punta del Este, Uruguay, which is widely known to be a beach resort city (!!!).
My "real" host family is going to be away for about a month when I first get to Uruguay, so I'll have what they call a "welcome family" for the first month. In my welcome family, I have a mom (Magdalena), dad (Alejandro), sister (Sofia 13) and a brother (Gonzalo 15). My second family is a single mother (Monica) with two sons (Christian 10 & Matias 11) and a daughter (Stephani 13). So it'll be interesting to be the oldest for once. My first family also has a cat and a dog, and my second has cats (though they didn't say how many...). I have yet to speak to either of my families...I have both phone numbers and my mother's email address for my "real" family, but I'm a little afraid to call...I guess I'm gonna have to get on that...
Anyways, I'm insanely excited to get there and meet them and just experience everything. I have no idea if I'll be going to private or public school, but I'm hoping for a private school (it would be way cool). I get the feeling my first family doesn't have internet though because they didn't give me an email address.... :-( but I'll deal.
I'll update again once I've gotten up the nerve to actually call/email my families!

No comments: