Saturday, February 09, 2008

Mi primera familia

I got two emails from my first host family today! One from my host sister Sofia and one from my host mom, Magdalena. They both wrote the cutest emails, and they just sound so amazing!

I found out that Gonzalo (my host brother) is actually 16, and he and his friends like to go out dancing (fun! haha), so that's pretty good. He likes futbol (soccer) and music and normal boy things I guess haha. My sister, Sofia, is really outgoing and is best friends with my other host sister (Stephani, in my second family), meaning the two families are friends. They have four dogs (!!) and a cat, which will be interesting...but they sound so amazing! The dad, Alejandro, is supposedly an amazing cook (also very good!). Basically, they are amazing.

I still haven't talked to me second family--I have yet to finish writing them an email in Spanish. But seriously, getting those emails made me feel so much better about the experience as a whole. Because I've been kind of down this entire week and worrying a lot (resulting in nearly no sleep), but now I feel reassured. That this is not going to be terrible. That I might actually be OK.

Only three more days left until I leave for Miami! AHHH!

No comments: